Cell: (250) 256-3207
Cell: (250) 256-7340
The District of Lillooet is situated at the confluence of the Fraser River and the Bridge River to the north, and the Fraser River and Cayoosh Creek to the south. Lillooet’s first inhabitants named the area Pa-Shil-Qua-Ka-Meen – the place where three rivers meet. The District of Lillooet is located within the traditional territory of the St’at’imc Nation and the boundaries of Electoral Area B of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District.
Lillooet is considered to be one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in North America, with archeological evidence stretching back more than 8,000 years. The area attracted large seasonal and permanent populations of the St’at’imc people, whose economy was based on salmon from the Fraser River. In the 1860s, the onset of the Gold Rush made Lillooet Mile 0 of the Cariboo Wagon Road. For a time, it was the second largest community north of San Francisco and west of Chicago. Gold mining and prospecting continue in the area to this day, and Lillooet remains one of the world’s greatest sources of nephrite jade.
Lillooet’s economy has historically been based around forestry, the railway, ranching, farming and government services. Grape-growing and wine production is now emerging as another important sector, along with tourism. The area’s arid climate is well-suited to agriculture, and its “guaranteed rugged” terrain is ideal for outdoor adventures of every kind.
- 1 of 2
- next ›
- March 17 - While the Telford Bridge has re-opened, we've heard reports that the road south of the bridge (from D'Arcy) has not yet been graded, conditions are wet, and it's extremely rough.
- March 20, 3:56 p.m. - MOTI has advised that the construction works planned for Highway 99 at the Fountain (Ten Mile) Slide area have been delayed. The temporary closures will now take place between April 5 - April 29, 2017, with closures occurring Monday to Saturday. The road will be closed from 7 am - 11 am and again from 1 pm - 5 pm daily, Monday through Saturday.
Parks & Trails
Permits / Applications
|Mar 16, 2017||RGS Minor Amendment (Growth Management text amendments)|
|Nov 29, 2016||ALC Subdivision Application - 212 McNary Road (Texas Creek)||Agricultural Land Commission Application|
|Area B Noise Regulation Bylaw||Planning & Building|
|Area B, District of Lillooet, & St'át'imc Agricultural Plan Implementation||Planning & Building|
|Commercial Livestock Relocation Guide||Emergency Management|
|Community and Regional Economic Development - Northern SLRD||Economic Development|
|Emergency Program Annual Report 2016||Emergency Management|
|2016||Northern SLRD - Proposed Touring Routes: Market Assessment||District of Lillooet, Electoral Area A, Electoral Area B||Download|
|2016||CREATE Forum Summary Report||District of Lillooet, Electoral Area A, Electoral Area B||Download|
|2015||Draft Solid Waste and Resource Management Plan - Stage 2 Report for Consultation||All Areas||Download|
|2014||SLRD Area B, District of Lillooet & St'at'imc Agricultural Plan PART 1: Background Report||District of Lillooet, Electoral Area B||Download|
|2014||SLRD Area B, District of Lillooet & St'at'imc Agricultural Plan PART 2: Vision, Priorities, Recommended Actions, and Implementation Strategy||District of Lillooet, Electoral Area B||Download|
|2014||Land Use Inventory Report - Electoral Area B and Lillooet||District of Lillooet, Electoral Area B||Download|
|2014||Agriculture Water Demand Model - Electoral Area B||District of Lillooet, Electoral Area B||Download|
|2014||Solid Waste and Resource Management Plan - Strategic Communications Plan||All Areas||Download|
|2014||Community Economic Development Projects Report||District of Lillooet, Electoral Area A, Electoral Area B||Download|
|2014||District of Lillooet and SLRD Electoral Area B Community Asset Inventory||District of Lillooet, Electoral Area B||Download|
- Lillooet / Camelsfoot Television Rebroadcasting
- 9-1-1 Services (Interior)
- Lillooet & Area B Library
- Lillooet Area Refuse (Landfill)
- Lillooet Area Rescue Service
- General Government Services
- Land Planning & Zoning
- Regional Growth Strategy (all Electoral Areas and municipalities except Electoral Area A)
- Regional Transit Planning
- Treaty Advisory Committee
- Waste Management Planning
Recycling, Composting & Solid Waste Facilities
- Lillooet Solid Waste Management Facility