The SLRD, through Electoral Area Select funds and other sources, awards grant funding to community non-profit organizations operating within the SLRD. Grants are awarded to projects, programs, activities and events throughout the region that represent an appropriate use of tax dollars and enhance the well-being of our residents and communities.
More information about the use of Electoral Area Select Funds can be found in the SLRD Select Funds Delegation of Authority Bylaw No. 1274-2013.
How to Apply
Applications for Grants-in-Aid are received throughout the year. Proposals can be submitted to the SLRD by mail (PO Box 219, Pemberton, BC V0N 2L0), email or fax (604-894-6526). Alternatively, proposals can be submitted directly to the Electoral Area Director for the region from which the application originates.
- Clearly indicate the amount and type of assistance requested;
- Describe the project or purpose for which the funding would be used;
- Provide the name(s) of the person(s) who will be responsible for completing the project;
- Describe how the community organization benefits the community generally, and how the assistance being requested from the SLRD would benefit the community specifically; and
- Provide financial information sufficient to identify and and all other funding sources and to justify the need for financial assistance.
Pemberton and District Community Fund (Pemberton & Area C)
The Pemberton Valley Utilities and Services Committee (PVUS) annually distributes funds to assist local, not for profit organizations and / or activities offering recreation and culture programs, special events, projects or initiatives which benefit residents of the Village of Pemberton and District Area C. Click here for more information.
Pemberton Music Festival Community Fund (Pemberton & Area C)
HUKA Entertainment, the Pemberton Music Festival promoters, have committed to allocating a portion of each ticket sold to the Pemberton Music Festival Community Fund to support community initiatives that enhance agriculture and / or arts and culture, health, social services, recreation, children, youth, seniors, education or other community priorities within the Pemberton Valley. Visit the Village of Pemberton website to learn more.