Under Provincial Legislation and through SLRD Bylaw No. 921-2004, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District has implemented an Emergency Management Program for its four Electoral Areas. The Emergency Management Program is responsible for:
- The direction and control of coordinated response to and recovery from major emergency events or disasters
- Developing and maintaining current emergency plans
- Forging effective partnerships with municipal partners and emergency management organizations
- Encouraging emergency preparedness through public outreach and education
- Providing emergency notifications and information
- Ensuring an adequate complement of trained emergency personnel, including community volunteers.
Visit the Emergency Management section of the website for more information.
The SLRD Emergency Program Manager is also responsible for coordinating SLRD involvement in any special events taking place within the regional district.