The Finance Department is responsible for the overall financial management and financial reporting requirements of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District. The Director of Finance and staff ensure that all financial information is accurately recorded within the guidelines of the Local Government Act, the Public Sector Accounting Board (PSAB), the policies of the SLRD, and generally accepted accounting principles.
Responsibilities of the Finance Department include:
- Expenditure Administration (Accounts Payable, Purchasing)
- General Financial Management (Budgeting, Financial Reporting, Purchasing Inquiries, Investment Management, Debt Management, Capital Asset Reporting)
- Revenue Administration (Accounts Receivable, Grants, Taxation and Utility Billing)
- Research and establishment of new services and changes to existing ones
- Sea to Sky Regional Hospital District