The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Board has created two Agricultural Advisory Committees (AACs) to provide comments and recommendations on agricultural issues. The purpose of these committees is to provide comments and recommendations to the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Board on agricultural issues within the respective areas that are referred to the AACs by the Board.
At the end of each year applications are accepted from people interested in serving on the SLRD Electoral Area B and Electoral Area C Agricultural Advisory Committees. Applicants should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a land owner and/or permanent resident of Electoral Area B or Lillooet (Area B AAC) or Electoral Area C or Pemberton (Area C AAC);
- Have an interest in preserving the viability of farming in Lillooet & surrounding area (Area B AAC) or in Pemberton and surrounding area (Area C AAC);
- Be from the farming and ranching community;
- Possess a clear understanding and knowledge of topics affecting agricultural land; and
- Be available to commit to monthly meetings for a one year term.
Electoral Area B Agricultural Advisory Committee (AAC)
More information about the work of the Area B AAC can be found here.
Electoral Area C Agricultural Advisory Committee (AAC)
More information about the work of the Area C AAC can be found here.