There are many hazards present in the SLRD. Some of these hazards are serious enough to have been studied by researchers. Where hazard conditions exist, and where the SLRD has been advised to do so by experts, local hazard warnings are published.
Hazard and risk assessment studies include landslide, debris flow, wildland interface fire, flood and floodplain mapping.
All those in the SLRD should familiarize themselves with hazards in the areas where they live, work and recreate.
Currently, there are four Community Wildfire Protection Plans and six local hazard warnings in effect:
Electoral Area A
Electoral Area B
Electoral Area C
- Electoral Area C Community Wildfire Protection Plan
- Pemberton Valley Floodplain Hazard
- Catiline Creek Debris Flow Hazard
- Mount Currie Landslide Hazard
- Mount Meager Landslide Hazard