The communities of the SLRD are located within a wild and beautiful environment, and a number of natural hazards exist as part of this environment. The SLRD has completed a number of hazard and risk assessment studies where an elevated level of potential risk has been assessed. These studies were completed with the assistance of provincial and federal funding.
All those in the SLRD should familiarize themselves with hazards in the areas where they live, work and recreate.
Existing studies include:
Electoral Area A
Electoral Area B
Electoral Area C
- Electoral Area C Community Wildfire Resiliency Plan
- Pemberton Valley Floodplain Hazard
- Quantitative Landslide Hazard and Risk Assessment – Reid Road Area
- Catiline Creek Debris Flow Hazard
- Mount Currie Landslide Hazard
- Mount Meager Landslide Hazard