Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society
The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) Area B, District of Lillooet & St’át’imc Agricultural Plan (Ag Plan) Working Group has formed a non-profit society to implement the Ag Plan and advance agricultural economic development in the Lillooet area. The move to form an independent non-profit will also allow for increased access to funding opportunities. The society, called Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society (LAFS), meets regularly, with general membership open to the public. Funding for the first year of operations is being provided through SLRD Area B’s portion of BC Hydro Payment in Lieu of Taxes (PILT) funds. However, the society will operate independently from the SLRD. For more information, see the News Release or check out their website.
For more information on LAFS, please contact:
|Tristan Banwell||Board Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org||(250) 256-1620|
|Curtis Cook||Executive Directoremail@example.com||(250) 256-9273|
The Agricultural Plan was adopted by the SLRD Board on October 1, 2014; it is the culmination of a year-long public dialogue concerning the future of agriculture in the Lillooet area. Focus will now shift toward implementation of the plan priorities and recommended actions to realize the vision for agriculture in the area.
For further information, please visit the Agricultural Plan page.
- SLRD News release: October 25, 2016 - SLRD Agricultural Plan wins 2016 BC Land Award
- SLRD News release: September 16, 2016 - SLRD Agricultural Plan in finals for 2016 Land Awards; winners announced October 21
- SLRD News release: January 15, 2016 - Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society Formed to Strengthen Agricultural Sector in Lillooet Area
- SLRD Staff Report: December 16, 2015 - Ag Plan Implementation Update
- SLRD News release: October 3, 2014 - SLRD Adopts Area B Agricultural Plan
- SLRD Staff Report: October 1, 2014