For Candidates and Elector Organizations:
- What Every Candidate Needs to Know
- Candidate's Guide to Local Government Elections
- Elector Organization Guide
- Guide to Supporting a Candidate
- Nomination Package
- Notice of Nomination
For more information, contact:
Chief Election Officer
Telephone: (604) 698-6158
Within the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD), voters in each electoral area choose one director to serve on the SLRD Board and one school district trustee to serve on the relevant School District Board (School District No. 74 - Gold Trail in Areas A and B; School District No. 48 - Howe Sound - Areas C and D).
Qualifications for Office:
A person is qualified to be nominated, elected, and to hold office as a member of local government if they meet the following criteria:
- Canadian citizen;
- 18 years of age or older;
- Resident of British Columbia for at least 6 months immediately before the day nomination papers are filed;
- Not disqualified by the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting in an election in British Columbia or from being nominated for, being elected to, or holding office.
Nomination packages will be available from the SLRD office (1350 Aster Street, Pemberton) during regular business hours - Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. - until the end of the nomination period (September 30; 8:00 a.m. - October 10; 4:00 p.m.).
Nomination package for Electoral Areas A and B can also be picked up at the District of Lillooet office (615 Main Street, Lillooet) during regular office hours - Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; closed between 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Nomination packages for Electoral Area D can also be picked up at the District of Squamish office (37955 Second Avenue) during regular office hours - Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.