We're pleased to share the April 2016 Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Update, summarizing highlights from the SLRD Board and Committee meetings of April 2016. (Click here for the full Minutes of the various meetings summarized here.)
- The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District 2015 Audited Financial Statements were approved.
- The SLRD Social Media Policy was adopted.
- $25,000 was allocated to a Seniors Transit Program in Lillooet and Area B.
- The week of May 1 - 7, 2016 was proclaimed “Emergency Preparedness Week”.
- May 15 - 21, 2016 was proclaimed “Public Works Week”.
- The month of May was proclaimed “Missing Children's Month” and May 25, 2016 proclaimed “Missing Children's Day”.
- The week of May 30 - June 5, 2016 was proclaimed “Bike to Work & School Week”.
- Britannia Beach, Pemberton North Water and Gold Bridge Water Rates and Regulations Bylaws were adopted.
- The Agricultural Land Commission (“ALC”) Non-Farm Use Application for the Ayers/McLeod and Phare properties were forwarded to the ALC for their approval regarding use of the properties for the Pemberton Music Festival.
- A public hearing regarding the Tyax Lodge application for employee housing for Upper Bridge River Valley OCP Amendment Bylaw No. 1440-2016 and Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1441-2016 will be held on May 19, 2016.
- A public hearing for Electoral Area D Zoning Bylaw No. 1350 – 2016 (a bylaw to combine all of Area D zoning into one bylaw) will be held on June 16, 2016.
- The Regional Growth Strategy Review Consultation Plan & Notifications was approved and implementation will begin thereon.
- The following appointments to the Electoral Area B Agricultural Advisory Committee were made:
- Returning members for a 2 year term –Sam Quinlan and Mandi Rogers; and
- Returning members for a 1 year term – Trevor Chandler and Scott Taylor
- The Pemberton & District Public Library was granted $50,000 from Area C Amenity Funds to redesign and refit the Children’s Room.
- The following amounts was granted from Area A Select Funds:
- $200 to the Lillooet Secondary School Grad Class of 2016 for its Dry Grad Celebration.
- $7,000 to the Minto Communications Society to assist with the successful funding application to expand high speed internet in the Bridge River Valley as part of Industry Canada's Digital 150 program.
- The following amounts were granted from Area B Select Funds:
- $500 to the Lillooet Secondary School Grad Class of 2016 for its Dry Grad Celebration.
- $2,700 to the Lillooet Camelsfoot T. V. and Radio Association for the installation of hardware and software to accommodate automated broadcasting of emergency alerts.
- $1,065 to the Lillooet Hospice Society for financial support to rent a bus to take the seniors on excursions.
- $1,000 to the Lillooet Outdoors Society to pay for digital advertising for its Lillooet Outdoors Society Festival at Fort Berens Estate Winery, May 27-28, 2016.
- $2,000 to the Lillooet Naturalist Society to assist them with the costs associated with hosting the BC Nature Annual General meeting and events being held in May 2017.
- The following amounts were granted from Area C Select Funds:
- $1,250 towards a Silver Sponsorship for the Rotary Club of Pemberton / Pemberton & District Chamber of Commerce annual golf tournament fundraiser being held at The Meadows at Pemberton golf course on June 24, 2016.
- $4,000 to the Pemberton Visitor Centre, to match the Village of Pemberton’s contribution, to help finance its operation for the 2016 season.
- $1,500 to the Pemberton Lions Club to help finance the Playground Builder and other community projects.
Regional District Update is published monthly by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District. The SLRD Board generally meets on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 10:30 am at 1350 Aster Street, Pemberton, BC. Members of the public are invited to attend. Contact us at (604) 894-6371 to confirm dates and times.
Communications & Grants Coordinator
Telephone: (604) 894-6371 ext. 239