Have something that needs to be repaired?
Whether it's missing buttons, a crooked stool, a broken photo frame or jewelry with a wacky clasp, bring it to the Repair Café! Over tea and a snack, skilled volunteers will help you through the repair for free!
What kinds of things can be repaired
Our skilled volunteers should be able to repair...
- Furniture (broken stools, chairs, picture frames, etc.)
- Sewing, patching holes and tears in shirts & jeans
- Jewelry (missing clasps, broken necklaces or earrings)
- Extensions cords that need new ends or repaired wire
- Tools that need a new cord or handle
- Cordless tools that need to be fixed
- Wooden boxes that need pieces put back on
- Toys and board games
- And more, depending on the individual skills of our volunteers
Goals of the Repair Café
- To bring back repair into local society in a modern way;
- To maintain repair expertise and to spread this knowledge;
- To promote social cohesion in the local community by connecting neighbours from very different backgrounds and with different motives through an inspiring and low-key event.
We are looking for volunteers to help make Pemberton's Repair Café a success.
- Can you fix small appliances, sew or mend?
- What about repairing jewelry, small furniture, toys?
- Would you like to teach people how to repair their items in a relaxed and fun atmosphere?
Volunteer fixers are the backbone of the program. Without them, it wouldn't be possible!
Interested? Contact Brooke at email@example.com or 604-894-6371 ext 236 to get involved.