A Wildfire Smoke Advisory continues to be in effect throughout the Sea to Sky corridor.
The Ministry of Environment and Vancouver Coastal Health Authority shares some recommendations at bcairquality.ca:
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activities.
- See a doctor if you have difficulty breathing, chest pain or discomfort or sudden onset of cough or irritation of the airways.
- Stay cool. Drink plenty of fluids.
- Reduce indoor air pollution sources (smoking, incense)
- Take advantage of changing conditions. Move to cleaner air where possible. Conditions can vary dramatically by area and elevation.
- Listen to your body. If breathing becomes difficult, stop or reduce activity.
- Head indoors, especially to locations with cooled and filtered air.
Pemberton region residents can seek fresh air refuge at the Pemberton & District Community Centre. The Community Centre is air conditioned via the geothermal system. We have powered down our HRV units which draw outside air into the building and are circulating filtered air until outdoor air quality improves.
Family Open Gym is open all day today in the Great Hall for a $2 drop-in, which provides an opportunity for all to come in and play with family-friendly toys for all ages. The Pemberton and District Public Library is open between 10am and 6pm. The fitness centre offers a chance to get a workout and breathe filtered air. If demand soars for the space, the Centre will also open some of the upstairs rooms with chairs and tables and water.
Hours of Operation:
Monday to Friday 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.