September 17, 2023 at 1700
Based on recommendations from the BC Wildfire Service, an Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District due to the Spetch Creek Wildfire (V33029) burning out of control in the Spetch Creek area.
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following properties:
- All SLRD properties between 8502 and 8972 Pemberton Portage Rd
- SLRD property at 190 Birkenhead River Rd
- All SLRD properties along Old Portage Rd
- All SLRD properties along Poole Creek Rd
- All SLRD properties as outlined in the attached map.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to rapidly changing conditions.
NOW IS THE TIME TO PREPARE FOR AN EVACUATION
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Pre-register for Emergency Support Services online at: https://ess.gov.bc.ca/
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside of the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g., insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependants and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move people who may need additional time to evacuate, children and/or neighbors who would require assistance.
- If transportation assistance is needed, call the SLRD Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) at 604-698-9812.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation and accommodations for all your household members, if possible, and fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert Messaging service. Subscribe to SLRD Alert for free at www.slrd.bc.ca/slrdalert to receive emergency notifications via email, text messages, and voicemail.