The Evacuation Order issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District on August 18th, 2023 in Electoral Area B due to the Casper Creek Wildfire K71535, has been partially downgraded and replaced by an Evacuation Alert for the following areas:
- All SLRD Properties on the north shore of Seton Lake.
- Any other SLRD properties located within the boundary noted on the attached map.
The following properties have been on Evacuation Alert since August 15th, 2023. The Evacuation Alert for these properties remains in effect:
- All SLRD Properties in the Seton Portage area.
- SLRD Properties north of Connel Creek to Seton Portage.
All properties listed above are on Evacuation Alert. An Evacuation Order may need to be reissued; however, if that is deemed necessary, the Evacuation Order process will recommence.
NOTE: All properties in the Mission Mountain Road area remain on Evacuation Order.
The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District has prepared a guide to help you navigate information, tasks and resources that you will find essential as you return home after a wildfire: Returning home after a wildfire
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Visit www.DriveBC.ca and confirm that your intended route home is not obstructed by road closures
- Safely return home and coordinate the safe return of your animals or livestock, if necessary.
- If you have received emergency accommodations through Emergency Support Services, these provisions will cease when the Evacuation Order is rescinded.
- Contact ESS Services to confirm when your emergency accommodations will cease to be available: 250-256-8524 (ESS Director)
- For more information, visit SLRD EOC or call the SLRD Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) toll-free line 1-888-213-0780.
Subscribe to SLRD Alert for free at www.slrd.bc.ca/SLRDAlert to receive emergency notifications via email, text messages, and voicemail.