EVACUATION ALERT FOR REID ROAD AREA – ELECTORAL AREA C
Updated: February 24, 2022 – 1600hrs
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District.
Due to the risk of a mass flow event, and at the recommendation of a Professional Geoscientist,
the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following areas:
- 1771 Reid Rd
- 1773 Reid Rd
- 1812 Reid Road
- 1818 Reid Road
- All other properties as outlined on the map.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property
should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to
evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
• Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area,
should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
• Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers
(e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents
and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
• Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
• Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
• Arrange transportation and accommodations for all your household members, if possible.
• Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
• Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert
Subscribe to SLRD Alert for free at www.slrd.bc.ca/slrdalert to receive emergency notifications
via email, text messages, and voicemail.