An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District.
The McKay Creek Fire (K71030), which started in the vicinity of the 32km mark of the West Pavillion
Road, has now extended west towards the Yalakom Valley.
The BC Wildfire Service is responding.
There is potential danger to life and health from compromised evacuation route access
towards Lillooet via the Lillooet-Pioneer Road 40 if the fire reaches this area, and so the
Squamish-Lillooet Regional District has issued an Evacuation Alert for the following areas at
the recommendation of the BC Wildfire Fire Service:
- Lillooet Pioneer Road 40, from 2km to Seton Portage
- All addresses in the Yalakom Valley
- All addresses in Seton Portage, excluding the Highline Road
- Mission Dam Road
- All other properties as outlined on the attached map.
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation and accommodations for all your household members, if possible.
- Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles. If transportation assistance is needed, and for general evacuation enquiries phone the SLRD office at 604-894-6371 and ask to speak to an EOC Information Officer.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert