Based on recommendations from the BC Wildfire Service, an EVACUATION ORDER has been issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional Disrict at 07/19/2023 (2300 hours), due to immediate danger to life safety caused by a wildfire burning out of control above Highline Road, between Six Mile Creek and Sundquist Creek.
Members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and other applicable agencies will be expediting this action.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
• 16405 Highline Road
• 17817 Highline Road
• 19000 Highline Road
• 19201 Highline Road
• 19219 Highline Road
• 19500 Highline Road
• 20100 Highline Road
• And the entire area as outlined on the attached map:
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
•If you are a visitor or recreating in the area, please return home.
•Evacuate south towards Pemberton.
•If emergency accommodations are required for residents, contact (1-888-)800-6493 to register, and proceed to:
Pemberton Valley Lodge
1490 Sea to Sky Highway (Highway 99)
• If you need transportation assistance from the area, contact the SLRD on-call Duty Manager
at (604) 698-6442.
• Shut off all gas and electrical appliances other than refrigerators and freezers.
• Close all windows and doors.
• Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
• Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing
transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
• Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately
available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
• Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert