July 1, 2021 effective at 2130 hrs
Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the BC Emergency Program Act an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District due to immediate danger to life safety caused by Wildfire in the vicinity of West Pavilion, Electoral Area B
Members of the Lillooet Detachment – Royal Canadian Mounted Police and other applicable
agencies will be expediting this action.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
- Pavilion-Clinton Road, between Hwy 99 and the Thompson-Nicola Regional District
- Carson Ranch Road
- Pear Lake Road
- Shinta Road
- Pavillion Ferry Road
- All other properties as outlined on the attached map.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Evacuate along Hwy 99 towards Lillooet and make your way to Whistler, where commercial accommodation is available at this time, if required for emergency accommodation only.
- If this support is required, call the Emergency Support Services Registration line at 1-888-800-6493
- For general evacuation enquiries phone the SLRD office at 604-89-6371 and ask to speak to an EOC Information Officer.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available.
- Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert
Messaging service. Subscribe to SLRD Alert for free at https://www.slrd.bc.ca/emergency-program/preparedness/slrd-emergency-notification-service to receive emergency notifications via email, text messages, and voicemail.