July 1, 2021 effective at 2330 hrs
Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the BC Emergency Program Act an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District due to immediate danger to life safety caused by Wildfire in the vicinity of the Village of Lytton, Thompson-Nicola Regional District.
Members of the Lillooet Detachment – Royal Canadian Mounted Police and other applicable
agencies will be expediting this action.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for all addresses in the following area:
- Texas Creek Road, from the Thompson-Nicola Regional District Border to the SLRD boundary with the District of Lillooet
- Cooks Road
- Kennedy Road
- McNary Road
- Purvis Road
- Napoleon Road
- Wrights Road
- Jorgenson Road
- Texas Creek FSR
- All other properties as outlined on the attached map.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Evacuate north toward Lillooet and then south-west on Hwy 99 toward Whistler. If emergency accommodations are required, register for Emergency Support Services at:
Hilton Whistler Resort
4050 Whistler Way,
Whistler, BC V8E 1H9
*Parking is available at the Whistler Conference Centre
- If you need transportation assistance from the area, advise the person providing this notice f you need transportation assistance from the area, advise the person providing this notice or call (604) 356 3082.
- For general evacuation enquiries phone the SLRD office at 604 894 6371 and ask to speak to
an EOC Information Officer.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert Messaging service.
Subscribe to SLRD Alert for free at https://www.slrd.bc.ca/emergency-program/preparedness/slrd-emergency-notification-service to receive emergency notifications via email, text messages, and