Pursuant to Section 12 (1) of the BC Emergency Program Act an Evacuation Order has been issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District due to immediate danger to life safety caused by Wildfire in the vicinity of West Pavilion, Electoral Area B.
Members of the Lillooet Detachment – Royal Canadian Mounted Police and other applicable agencies will be expediting this action.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following areas:
- West Pavilion Road from the 14 km mark to the SLRD border with Thompson Nicola Regional District
- All other properties as outlined on the attached map.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Evacuate along West Pavilion Road towards Lillooet. If emergency accommodations are required, call the Emergency Support Services Registration line at 1-888-800-6493
- If you need transportation assistance from the area, advise the person providing this notice or call (604)-356-3082. For other enquiries call the SLRD EOC at 604-894-6371 and ask for an Information Officer.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbour or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure has advised that the Big Bar Ferry and Aerial Car is out of service, and will be out of service until at least Monday. Visit www.drivebc.ca for updates.
Subscribe to SLRD Alert for free at https://www.slrd.bc.ca/emergency-program/preparedness/slrd-emergency-notification-service to receive emergency notifications via email, text messages, and voicemail.