EVACUATION ALERT FOR Parts of Electoral Area C
- Electoral Area C
November 27th, 2021 – 1300hrs
An Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District.
The BC River Forecast Centre has issued a Flood Watch for the Sea to Sky and Lower Fraser
regions due to heavy precipitation from the ongoing atmospheric river event.
There is potential for the current high water levels observed in the Arn Canal to elevate
further before this weather system passes.
Because of the potential danger to life and health, the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District has
issued an Evacuation Alert for the following low lying properties:
- 7495 Urdal Rd
- 1400 Collins Rd
- 1408 Collins Rd
- 1830 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 1975 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 1979 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 2003 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 1987 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 1985 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 1993 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 2005 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 2009 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 2007 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 1999 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 1995 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 1997 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 2015 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- 2067 Sea to SkyHwy (Hwy 99)
- All other properties as outlined on the maps:
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare you to evacuate your premises or property
should it be found necessary. Residents will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to
evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- If transportation assistance is needed, call SLRD EOC at (604) 894-6371.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
Further information will be posted in notices at www.slrd.bc.ca and through the SLRD Alert
Subscribe to SLRD Alert for free at www.slrd.bc.ca/slrdalert to receive emergency notifications
via email, text messages, and voicemail.