Pemberton North Water System
Residents are advised that Level Two Watering Restrictions will be in place as of June 1, 2019.
Level Two Restrictions allow:
- Residents who reside at an odd numbered civic address to water on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 4am - 9am and 7pm - 10pm.
- Residents who reside at an even numbered civic address to water on Thursdays and Sundays from 4am - 9am and 7pm - 10pm.
- Those properties with an in-ground irrigation system may water on the days noted above, but only between the hours of 10 pm - 4 am.
These practices are imperative to preserve the water supply by reducing high water demands during the summer months. Please respect this water conservation notice and adhere to the permitted times for sprinkling and irrigation. Water restrictions can change throughout the summer. Please visit www.slrd.bc.ca for updated water restriction information.
Ways to conserve water outdoors:
- Respect lawn sprinkling regulations. Use a spring-loaded nozzle to wash your car or water flowers so that water is not wasted when you are not using the hose.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean driveways and sidewalks.
Ways to conserve water indoors:
- Keep a supply of drinking water in the refrigerator rather than running the tap until the water turns cold.
- Use your dishwasher and washing machine only when there are full loads.
- Turn the water off while brushing your teeth.
- Put a waste basket in the bathroom instead of flushing garbage down the toilet.
- Install water saving shower heads and faucets.
- Check for leaks and fix them.
- Make sure that faucets are turned off tightly to prevent dripping.
If you have any questions, please contact the SLRD Utilities & Environmental Services Department: firstname.lastname@example.org