While transfer stations within the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic, the SLRD asks that transfer station patrons follow the protocols in place, in order to protect the safety of the community and staff.
The SLRD, in complying with the current recommendations and orders of the Provincial Medical Health Officer, has implemented physical distancing protocols at its sites. This includes increased staffing levels on a temporary basis at some locations to help ensure that physical distancing requirements are followed, and fewer people will be allowed access to the site at one time.
To help reduce wait times and ensure health and safety, and continued operations, please adhere to the following:
- Visit our facilities ONLY if absolutely necessary; if you are unwell stay home
- If you visit our facilities, wash your hands before and after your visit and keep 2 m (6 ft) away from staff and other visitors
- Defer spring cleaning to help prevent overloading residential waste collection and depot facilities
- Bring full loads to avoid multiple trips
- Minimize your time on site
- Bag and tie your garbage
- Sort your recycling at home to limit time on site
Please also note the following changes at our facilities:
- Access is restricted in order to respect physical distancing, so please expect delays
- Commercial vehicles do not have to wait in the queue
- Free stores are temporarily closed
Thank you for your collaboration, please keep our communities and staff safe.
For more information, contact the SLRD office:
For more information on preventing the spread of COVID-19, visit the BC Centre For Disease Control
For more Information about recycling during the COVID-19 pandemic, visit Recycle BC