The Province of British Columbia has extended the current Public Health Orders (PHO) that were originally set to expire on November 23.
The PHOs will now be in effect until December 7, 2020.
The new PHO requires that all individuals, places of work and businesses in B.C. must significantly reduce social interactions and non-essential travel. Masks are now mandatory in all public indoor and retail spaces in B.C.
This means, until December 7, 2020 at midnight:
- No social gatherings of any size, indoors or outdoors, with anyone other than your household or core bubble.
- All events and community-based gatherings as defined in the PHO order – Gatherings and Events are suspended. This includes:
- Musical or theatre performances
- Seasonal activities
- Silent auctions
- In-person religious services
For most people, their core bubble is their immediate household. For others, their core bubble may contain a partner, relative, friend or co-parent who lives in a different household. This should be a maximum of two people outside of those living in your immediate household.
An immediate household is considered to be a group of people who live in the same dwelling. For example:
- If you have a rental suite in your home, the suite is a separate household.
- If you live in an apartment or house with roommates, you are all members of the same household.
- People who live alone
People who live alone cannot host gatherings. They can continue to see the same one or two people of their core bubble at each other’s homes.
The province is advising against all non-essential travel throughout B.C.
Until December 7, 2020, all British Columbians are being asked to stay in their own community and leave only for essential reasons such as work and health care appointments.
While most SLRD staff members are working remotely, a core team is working from the administration office, located at 1350 Aster Street in Pemberton, BC. The office is open to the public for limited front-counter service. Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. There will be a closure for lunch from 1:00 to 2:00 pm.
Visitors to the office, please note the following:
- The partial reopening of the office is to facilitate pickup and drop off services only.
- Access is to the foyer only.
- To maintain physical distancing, a maximum of two members of the public will be allowed in the foyer at a time (please refer to spacer located on the carpet that shows spacing requirements).
- Visitors must wear a mask.
The SLRD is committed to ensuring that services to the community remain in place, while taking the necessary measures to protect the health and safety of its employees. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
For general inquiries:
- Phone: 1.604.894.6371
- Toll Free: 1.800.298.7753
- Email: email@example.com
- Staff Directory: https://www.slrd.bc.ca/about-us/board-staff-directories/slrd-staff