The Province of BC announced Friday, February 5, 2021 that the orders which came into effect on November 19, 2020 at midnight, and were due to expire at midnight February 5, will be kept in place until further noticed, based on direction from the Public Health Officer (PHO).
By order and direction of the PHO, all gathering and events are suspended to significantly reduce COVID-19 transmission related to social interactions.
Please follow all Public Health Orders and recommendations:
- Masks are mandatory in all public indoor and retail spaces in B.C.
- Avoid all non-essential travel. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province.
- No social gatherings of any size with anyone other than your household or core bubble
- Stay at least 2 metres (6 feet) from others in public. Give others space to keep their distance too.
The Province also announced enhanced safety measures for public schools in British Columbia.
While most SLRD staff members are working remotely, a core team is working from the administration office, located at 1350 Aster Street in Pemberton, BC. The office is open to the public for limited front-counter service. Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. There will be a closure for lunch from 1:00 to 2:00 pm.
Visitors to the office, please note the following:
- The partial reopening of the office is to facilitate pickup and drop off services only.
- Access is to the foyer only.
- To maintain physical distancing, a maximum of two members of the public will be allowed in the foyer at a time (please refer to spacer located on the carpet that shows spacing requirements).
- Visitors must wear a mask.
The SLRD is committed to ensuring that services to the community remain in place, while taking the necessary measures to protect the health and safety of its employees. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
For general inquiries:
Toll Free: 1.800.298.7753
Staff Directory: https://www.slrd.bc.ca/about-us/board-staff-directories/slrd-staff