The community of Britannia Beach suffered a significant traumatic event with the structure fire and fatalities reported earlier this week.
This was a tragic event in a small community. Feeling distressed as a result of such a tragedy is a normal response and the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District encourages residents to seek help if they need it, and to check in with those in the community who may need help.
If you are in crisis, or if you know of a person in crisis, please call a crisis line:
- Toll free: 1-866-661-3311 or 1-800-784-2433
- Youth/Adult or TTY: 1-866-872-0113
- Senior’s Distress: 604-872-1234
If there is a risk to life and safety, please call 9-1-1.
If you have access to counselling through extended health benefits, please access these, as many councillors in the local area are consulting by telephone service at this time due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, but are still available.
- Mental Health Services in Squamish, through Vancouver Coastal Health
- Sea to Sky Healing Project (developed in light of COVID-19; provides mental health resources)
- Sea to Sky Community Services