The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) understands that transfer stations and landfills provide important services to our communities and we are pleased to maintain service at our facilities at this time.
However, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to comply with the current recommendations and orders of the Provincial Medical Health Officer, and to protect staff and community safety, we are requesting people take the following precautions to help decrease the spread of COVID-19 in our communities:
- Limit non-essential travel
- If you are sick, stay home
- If you have recently returned from travelling, please follow the Order to self-isolate
- Follow physical distancing protocols (maintain a 2-metre distance)
When visiting a transfer station and/ or landfill, please observe the following:
- Bag and tie your garbage
- Sort your recycling at home to limit time on site
- Respect staff requirements regarding traffic flow
- Tissues, wipes (flushables) and safety equipment should go in the garbage, to reduce risk of spreading the virus
Our goal is to limit the trips and time that people make to the transfer station / landfill in order to follow the Provincial Medical Health Officer’s recommendation to limit time outside of the home, to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Thank you for your collaboration, please keep our communities and staff safe.
For more information, contact the SLRD office:
For more information on preventing the spread of COVID-19, visit Recycle BC