Purpose of the Amendment Bylaw
The SLRD has initiated an amendment of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District Regional Growth Strategy Bylaw No. 1062, 2008 to address specific text amendments in support of the SLRD Regional Growth Strategy (RGS) Goal 1: Focus Development into Compact, Complete, Sustainable Communities - specifically to:
- Replace the first bullet under Strategic Direction 1.1 a) with: Direct growth and settlement development towards Member Municipalities and existing SLRD Master Planned Communities.
- Amend the Master-Planned Communities land use designation description by replacing the phrase “Significant future growth will be accommodated in these communities” with:
- For existing SLRD master planned communities, further growth is not supported beyond what is currently contemplated in SLRD Official Community Plans (OCPs) and what is specified in the SLRD Regional Growth Strategy (RGS). Zoning and OCP amendments that propose to increase density or area of existing SLRD master planned communities are not supported.
- New master planned communities and/or urban areas are not supported outside of the established settlement areas.
- Remove the Destination Resort language found on pages 24-26 of the RGS Bylaw.
As per s. 434 of the Local Government Act, the SLRD Board adopted a consultation plan and determined the consultation plan should include the holding of a public hearing.
To learn more, check out the current projects page.
Do you have input?
Come out to the Public Hearing on Monday February 19, 2018 at 7pm at the Sea to Sky Hotel, 40330 Tantalus Road, Squamish, BC. If you are unable to attend in person, written submissions are welcome! Persons unable to attend the hearing are invited to forward written submissions to the SLRD office in advance of the public hearing date.
Contact Claire Daniels, Planner at email@example.com or 604-894-6371 ext. 235