The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District in partnership with Squamish Climate Action Network (Squamish-CAN) is conducting curbside recycling checks to help residents improve their recycling. The Tune-Up Team will visit the neighborhoods of Britannia Beach and Furry Creek for brief checks of recycling bins on September 22 and October 20, 2021.
Recycling can be confusing, Curbside Tune-Ups are an opportunity for everyone in the community to receive individualized feedback on what they may not be doing right and how they can change certain habits to improve the quality of BC’s recycling. Improved quality means a higher percentage of the paper and packaging you put in your bin gets recycled.
What you should know:
- The Tune-Up Team are waste educators contracted to assist the SLRD with outreach into communities to support efforts in decreasing curbside recycling contamination.
- The Tune-Up Team will be wearing identification.
- The Tune-Up Team will be handling items in the curbside recycling bins.
- Residents will receive feedback in the form of a recycling champion sticker and/or a notice on their bin with tips on what goes where.
What you can do:
- Clean and rinse your containers prior to recycling.
- Get tips on proper recycling at www.slrd.bc.ca/lovethisplace/aread
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org