N’Quatqua has commenced the process towards a new water disinfection facility and water system improvements.
Water quality data over the years has shown that the quality of the water is good and that disinfection is an additional measure to ensure water is safe to drink.
Scope of work includes:
- Design of a new disinfection/water treatment facility
- Two disinfection measures: UV-light as primary disinfection and minimal chlorine residual to preserve water quality throughout the pipes.
- Design a new connection between reservoirs to allow isolation, cleaning and maintenance.
- Upgrade electrical controls for better monitoring
- Install swabbing station to facilitate pipe cleaning
For more information on the project see pamphlet.
The SLRD will continue to provide updates as the project progresses.