Notice of Power Outage
BC Hydro has issued notice of a brief power outage in Pemberton and the surrounding areas on Friday June 28, 2019.
The outage is required to remove a hazard tree along the transmission line that feeds the Pemberton Substation.
The outage is scheduled to take place from 6:30 AM to 7:00 AM (approximately 30 minutes) and will impact service to approximately 3500 customers including the Village of Pemberton and surrounding areas.
Prepare for Outages
Things to consider in preparation for a power outage:
- Turn off and unplug all electrical devices prior to the planned outage; turning off lights, appliances and electronic devices helps to reduce the demand on the system.
- For the first hour after power comes back on, help ensure that the electrical system doesn't get overloaded by plugging in and turning on only what you need.
- Use a battery-powered charger to charge mobile devices and don't turn off your phone -- your tablet or phone uses more power turning it off and on; putting it in sleep mode is the best option.
- Turn the brightness on the display to the lowest setting possible to help your device last longer.
- Close apps and other functions and turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS features and push notifications as they drain the battery quickly.
- While power is out, keep your refridgerator and freezer doors closed to prevent cold air from escaping and keep your food cold for longer. For more information on food storage during a power outage, visit the BC Hydro website.
- Remember to use caution when driving in areas affected by the outage, and use the four-way stop procedure at intersections without working traffic lights.
- If weather is cool, keep warm by dressing in layers and having extra blankets available.
Updates and More Information
For more information, please contact BC Hydro at 1-888-POWERON (1-888-769-3766) or visit https://www.bchydro.com/safety-outages/power-outages.html