BC Hydro has advised of a planned power outage, affecting approximately 3,614 customers in the Pemberton area.
The outage is scheduled for midnight - 5 a.m. on Sunday, September 13, 2020.
This is for equipment replacement at the Pemberton substation.
BC Hydro provides the following tips to prepare your home for an outage:
- Develop a preparedness plan and share it with your family. Be sure everyone knows what to expect and what to do. Have a contingency plan in case power is out for a longer period.
- Make a list of local emergency contact numbers (fire, police, ambulance, etc.). Include 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376) for reporting an outage.
- Prepare an emergency kit and store it in an easy-to find location. Check regularly to make sure the kit is well stocked and that all equipment is in good working order.
- Use surge protectors to protect sensitive electrical equipment such as computers, DVD players and TVs.
- Include a battery operated flashlight in your emergency kit to avoid using candles - they can be a fire hazard.