BC Hydro will be conducting work to repair the transmission structure on Highway 99 near Pavilion Lake on Tuesday, March 30 and Wednesday, March 31.
- This will result in traffic delays of up to 90 minutes from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- BC Hydro contactors will be working on site approximately 12 kilometres north of Upper Hat Creek Road and 800 metres south of Smith Road.
- Crews will be using one crane to install cross braces on the structure and while work is underway the road will be closed to protect public safety.
- School buses and first responders will be expedited through the work site if needed.
- The 90-minute delays are needed to allow sufficient work time for crews as they will need to mobilize and demobilize the crane during each road closure.
For more information, please contact:
BC Hydro Stakeholder Engagement Advisor