- Your Elected representatives: http://t.co/7ydtHhuVTn. Follow @slrd_BC for daily news. This account will fire back up for the 2018 election — 2 years 4 months ago
- RT @jenstar: Wow, and not a bad response by @CBCVancouver. https://t.co/FqIXnDWDXB — 2 years 10 months ago
- #dresscodePM please tell my son to match his socks. — 2 years 11 months ago
- RT @_creeboy: apologies @pmharper you're right. it IS offensive to cover our faces in a democratic society! #DressCodePM #cdnpoli http://t.… — 2 years 11 months ago
- @jkenney @CanadianForces @stphnmaher Twitter is a first-class bullshit detector. Get real photos next time. Makes you look stupd. — 2 years 11 months ago
The most recent general local government elections took place on Saturday, November 15, 2014.
Historically in British Columbia, general local government elections were held every three years. This included elections for mayors, councillors, regional district electoral area directors, and school board trustees. Recent changes to the Local Government Act have increased the term of office from three years to four years beginning with the 2014 Election. Those elected will serve a four year term commencing December 2014 and ending November 2018. View the SLRD Notice of Nomination here.
Within the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD), voters in each electoral area choose one director to serve on the SLRD Board and one school trustee to serve on the relevant School District Board (School District No. 74 - Gold Trail - Areas A and B; School District No. 48 - Howe Sound - Areas C and D).
Key election dates
|September 30, 2014||Nomination period begins|
|October 10, 2014||Nomination period ends|
|October 10, 2014||Declaration of Candidates|
|October 14, 2014||Nomination Challenge Deadline|
|October 17, 2014||Nomination Documents Originals to local Chief Election Officer Deadline|
|November 5, 2014||Advance Voting Day - All areas|
|November 10, 2014||Advance Voting Day - Area B|
|November 12, 2014||Advance Voting Day - Area C|
|November 15, 2014||General Voting Day|
|February 13, 2015||Disclosure Documents Filing Deadline|