INVITATION TO BID
DATE OF ISSUE: January 25, 2018
Tender No. 25-01-18
Squamish-Lillooet Regional District
Office Expansion and Renovations
The Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) invites bids for its office expansion and renovations project generally consisting of the following, but not limited to:
- Site works including the construction of a retaining wall up to 135 feet in length and 12.5 feet in height, supporting the expansion of a parking area involving the placement of approximately 550 m³ of fill;
- A 1,600 ft.² office space addition off the south east corner of the existing building;
- A 400 ft.² storage space below the office space addition;
- A 175 ft.² lobby addition off the west entrance of the existing building;
- Other miscellaneous and incidental work as contained in the Contract Documents.
- February 2, 2018 - Tender Addendum No. 001
- SLRD Office Expansion and Renovations - Project Manual
- SLRD Office Expansion and Renovations - Drawings
- SLRD Office Expansion and Renovations - Retaining Wall / Grading Plan
Tender Documents and Drawings are also available for download from BC Bid:
- www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (Solicitation Number 26262018)
Printing of Tender documents and drawings is the sole responsibility of the Bidders.
Bids submitted do not require an accompanying bid bond; however, Bidders may be required to submit an agreement to bond or letter from the Bidder’s surety, stating that the surety will supply the Performance and Labour and Materials Payment Bond required by the contract, at the option of the SLRD.
Tender Closing Date and Time
2:00 pm Pacific Standard Time
Thursday, February 28, 2018
(“Tender Closing Time”)
Mandatory Site Meeting
Two pre-bid site inspections will be held at the project site at 1350 Aster Street, Pemberton BC. Proponents must attend one of the meetings noted below:
- February 1st, 2018 at 10:30 AM
- February 15th, 2018 at 10:30 AM
All inquiries are to be submitted in writing by email, no later than 4 full business days prior to Tender Closing Time quoting the Tender Name and Number sent to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and to email@example.com
Bidders are required to check the SLRD’s website and/or BC Bid for any updated information and Addenda issued before the Closing Date at: https://www.slrd.bc.ca/inside-slrd/contracting-opportunities
Any changes to the Tender documentation will be issued by means of written Addenda and posted on BC Bid and will form part of the Tender. No amendment of any kind to the Tender is effective unless it is posted in a formal written Addendum on BC Bid. Upon submitting a bid, Bidders will be deemed to have received notice of all Addenda that are posted on BC Bid and deemed to have considered the information for inclusion in the bid submitted.
Should there be any discrepancy in the documentation provided, the SLRD’s original file copy shall prevail.
Bids will not be opened in public.
The unevaluated Tender results will be forwarded to all participants by email.
The SLRD reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids and the lowest or any bid may not necessarily be accepted. The SLRD also reserves the right to cancel any request for Tender at any time without recourse by the Bidder.
The SLRD, prior to award of any Tender, may negotiate with the Bidder presenting the lowest price compliant bid, for changes in the Work, materials, specifications or conditions without having any duty or obligation to advise any other Bidders or to allow them to modify their bids, and the SLRD will have no liability to any Bidder as a result of such negotiations or modifications.
The SLRD will not be responsible for any costs incurred by the Bidder in preparing their bid.
Procurement of goods and services by the SLRD is in accordance with the SLRD’s procurement and purchasing policies. All other terms, conditions and instructions related to this invitation are provided in the Project Manual.
Project and Research Coordinator