The SLRD building department provides building inspection services to property owners in Electoral Areas A, B, C and D - from Gold Bridge to Furry Creek, and from Pavilion Lake to the Upper Squamish Valley. In order to provide inspection coverage to the entire area, we maintain a schedule of inspections.
The Province has adopted the 2108 edition of the British Columbia Building Code. The 2018 BC Building and Plumbing Code is effective December 10, 2018 and applies to building permits applied for on or after that date.
|Building Inspector's Schedule|
Electoral Area C (Rural Pemberton through to D'Arcy)
Electoral Area D (Rural Whistler to Southern SLRD boundary)
Electoral Area A (Gold Bridge/Bralorne) / Area B (Lillooet & Area)
To book an inspection, please contact the Planning and Building Assistant at 1-800-298-7753 extension 241 at least two days in advance of the day the Building Inspector is in your area.
It Is The Owner’s Responsibility to call for the following Inspections:
- Footings/Foundation – After the forms for footings and foundations are complete, but prior to placing of any concrete therein. An original forms survey must be submitted prior to a forms inspection.
- Dampproofing/Draintile – After the removal of the formwork from a concrete foundation and the installation of the perimeter drain tiles and dampproofing, but prior to back-filling against foundation.
- Sewer & Water Test & Installation (Plumbing) – The Plumbing Fixture Count Checklist has been submitted to the inspector. This is the connection from the road to the foundation. Before a building drain, sanitary or storm sewer is covered. If any part of the plumbing system is covered before it is inspected and approved, it shall be uncovered if the Plumbing Inspector so directs, and when considered necessary, underground building drains, branches, storm drains, and sewers shall be re-tested after the completion of all back-filling and grading by heavy equipment.
- Underground Plumbing (Under Slab) – When the rough-in plumbing system, including underground water supply and drain waste and vent piping are complete, but prior to any such plumbing being covered.
- Pre-slab (Building) – After the 6 mil (UV rated) poly is placed over the compacted gravel base of the concrete slab but prior to any concrete being placed for the floor.
- Rough-In Plumbing (Above Slab)– After all supply and DWV (drain, waste & vent) piping is installed and ready to be tested with water and/or air, but prior to any covering up or concealment of any kind. Internal venting must be through the roof.
- Framing – Mechanical Ventilation Checklist has been submitted to the Building Inspector prior to inspection. After framing and sheathing are completed, including plumbing rough-in, electrical rough-in, all windows and exterior door frames installed, fire-blocking, bracing, chimney, duct-work, gas venting, but before any insulation, lath, or other interior or exterior finish is applied that conceals such work.
- Tub & Shower Installation and Testing – Water must be hooked up and able to be run. Drain must be installed and connected.
- Insulation/Poly Vapour Barrier – After all insulation and 6 mil polyethylene (UV-rated) is installed, (including floor joist-end cavities, crawlspace foundation insulation and attic insulation), but prior to any interior finish or other concealment is applied.
- Solid Fuel Appliance/Fireplace/Chimney – When applicable, factory-built chimneys, fireplaces and solid fuel burning appliances are roughed-in; or in the case of masonry fireplace or chimney construction, when the smoke shelf is complete and the first two (2) flue liners are in place.
- Plumbing & Building Finals – Please ensure the Schedule C-A and Schedule C-B documents have been received by the inspector before calling for your final building inspection. A final plumbing inspection (PRV testing) must be completed before ordering a final building inspection.
As a courtesy to your neighbours, construction should only occur within the hours specified under the relevant Noise Bylaw or within the hours of 7:00am – 9:00pm where no noise bylaw applies. Note: there are Noise Bylaws in effect in Electoral Areas B, C and D. For details on Noise Bylaws, click here