Please be advised that it takes from 8-12 weeks for review of complete building permit applications, depending on application volumes and seasonal fluctuations.
Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional documents may be required after the plan review.
BCBC 2018 STEP CODE - The BCBC 2018 Step Code is not mandatory currently, however we encourage energy modelling and blower testing as a green building initiative to reduce green house gases for a better environment.
BP Applications and Form 1 (original signatures of all owners on title), Engineer Schedules and Form 2 (original wet seal documents only - SLRD does not have software to verify electronic seal), Engineered Field Reviews must be in original form. Photocopies and digital signatures will not be accepted. When paying fees, we only accept cheque, money order or cash for payment.
If you are attempting to build more than one structure, i.e- detached garage, auxillary building, etc., each structure requires it's own application, application fee and two sets of plans to be submitted.
An original, sealed, site survey created by a registered professional must be submitted with your Application for all new dwellings, accessory buildings and additions. The survey should show the proposed structure, property boundaries, grades, elevations and easements. Without this, your application may be delayed.
When using more than one engineer, you will require a Coordinating Registered Professional (CRP). Your CRP must submit a Schedule A and initial all other engineer's original Schedule B's and C-B's at the bottom right-hand corner.
Building Permit Applications will only be accepted when the property owner wishing to start construction is the registered owner on title of the property.
For all commercial construction and cannabis production facilities, please contact BC Hydro for power availability prior to submitting a building permit application.
- Building Permit Application - Accessory Buildings
- Building Permit Application - All other construction (for Plumbing Only - indicate this in the "Description of Proposed Work")
- Building Permit Application - Mobile / Manufactured Homes
- Building Permit Application - Single Family Dwelling
- Change of Use Permit Application - B & B Use
- Demolition Permit Application
- Pool Fencing Permit Application
- Reactivation or Transfer Permit Application
- Retaining Wall Permit Application
- Solid Fuel Burning Appliance Application
- Civic Address Request Form
- Property Information Request Form
- Form 1 - Acknowledgements of Owner
- Form 2 - Registered Professional's Proof of Insurance
- Mechanical Ventilation Checklist
- 2016 Effective R-Value of Installed Insulation for All Buildings of Residential Occupancy - 9.36 BCBC
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Test Report
- Plumbing Fixture Unit Count form
- 2012 BC Building Code Analysis Summary
- Checklist for Commercial/Institutional/Multi-Family/Industrial Projects
- Agency Contact List
- Bed and Breakfasts in the SLRD
- Civic Addressing
- Climatic and Seismic Data - REVISED FEBRUARY 2014
- Dike Maintenance Act
- Floodplain Management Policy
- Guide to Building Permits - Why and when do I need a building permit?
- Guide to Pool Fencing in the SLRD
- Guidelines for Hazard Assessment
- Manufactured Homes
- Minimum Depth of Footings Below Grade for Frost Protection
- Outhouse Location and Construction Information
- Solar Hot Water Ready Guide Information
- Solar Hot Water Ready - Regulation
- Terrain Stability Reports & Mapping
- Wastewater Information Area A & B
- Wastewater Information Area C & D
Issued Building Permit Information
- Building Bylaw 863
- Sprinkler Bylaw 879 (Furry Creek/Pemberton North/Wedge Woods Estates fire limit area)
- Bylaw 1032 - Howe Sound East Fire Proection Service Establishment Bylaw
- Amendment Bylaw 1145 - Howe Sound East Fire Protection Service Establishment Bylaw
- Bylaw 1110 - Fire Protection Services Throughout the SLRD