Effective March 18, 2020, please refer to the new SLRD Building Bylaw #1611-2020 here.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW WHEN APPLYING FOR A BUILDING PERMIT:**
* When paying fees, we accept cheque, money order or cash for payment. On-line payment must pre-arranged.
* Please be advised that it takes from 12-14 weeks for a review of a complete building permit application, depending on application volumes and seasonal fluctuations. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Additional documents may be required after the plan review.
* Building Permit Applications will only be accepted when the property owner wishing to start construction is the registered owner of the property.
* If you are applying to build more than one structure, i.e. - detached garage, auxillary building, etc., each structure requires it's own application, application fee and two sets of plans to be submitted.
* We now accept agents to sign on behalf of the property owner(s) upon receipt of Appendix B - Letter of Authorization (must be original signatures and can only be signed by all property owners listed on title).
* An original, sealed, site survey plan must be submitted with your application for all new dwellings, accessory buildings and additions. The survey to show the proposed structure, property boundaries, grades, elevations easements, coveted areas and riparian areas. Without this, your application may be delayed.
* Engineer Schedules must be wet seal documents. Schedules (LOA's) will be accepted electronically if sent by Notarius software digital seal. Appendix D and Engineered Field Reviews can be sent electronically.
* When using more than two engineers, you will require a Coordinating Registered Professional (CRP). Your CRP must submit an original Schedule A and initial all other engineer's original Schedule B's and C-B's at the bottom right-hand corner.
* BCBC 2018 STEP CODE - The BCBC 2018 Step Code is not mandatory currently, however we encourage energy modelling and blower testing as a green building initiative to reduce green house gases for a better environment.
* For all commercial construction and cannabis production facilities, please contact BC Hydro for power availability prior to submitting a building permit application.
- Building Permit Application - For all construction, change of use, swimming pools, etc.
- Demolition Permit Application
- Permit Extension Application
- Permit Transer Application
- Civic Address Request Form
- Property Information Request Form
- Appendix B - Agent's Authorization
- Appendix C - Owner's Undertaking
- Appendix D - Confirmation of Professional Liability Insurance
- Mechanical Ventilation Checklist
- Plumbing Fixture Unit Count
- BCBC9.36 Energy Efficiency Checklist - 2016 Effective R-Value of Installed Insulation for All Buildings of Residential Occupancy
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Test Report
- 2018 BC Building Code Analysis Summary
- Appendix E - Confirmation of Required Documentation - Commercial/Institutional/Multi-Family/Industrial Projects
- A Guide to Building Permits - Why and when do I need a building permit?
- A Guide to Bed and Breakfast Use
- A Guide to Swimming Pools Permits
- What is a Building Scheme?
- Agency Contact List
- Civic Addressing
- Climatic and Seismic Data - REVISED FEBRUARY 2014
- Dike Maintenance Act
- Floodplain Management Policy
- Guidelines for Hazard Assessment
- Manufactured Homes
- Minimum Depth of Footings Below Grade for Frost Protection
- Outhouse Location and Construction Information
- Wastewater Information Area A & B
- Wastewater Information Area C & D
Issued Building Permit Information
- Building Bylaw 1611-2020
- Sprinkler Bylaw 879 (Furry Creek/Pemberton North/Wedge Woods Estates fire limit area)
- Bylaw 1032 - Howe Sound East Fire Proection Service Establishment Bylaw
- Amendment Bylaw 1145 - Howe Sound East Fire Protection Service Establishment Bylaw
- Bylaw 1110 - Fire Protection Services Throughout the SLRD