Please contact the Chief Building Official, at: email@example.com
For inquiries regarding zoning, permitted uses, setbacks, etc., please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective March 18, 2020, please refer to the new SLRD Building Bylaw #1611-2020.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KNOW WHEN APPLYING FOR A BUILDING PERMIT:**
* Fee payments must be pre-arranged. We accept cheque, money order, e-transfer or cash for payment.
* Please be advised depending on application volumes and seasonal fluctuations, it takes 12-14 weeks for a complete building permit application to be reviewed. Permit applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis, and additional documents may be required after the plan review.
* Building Permit Applications will only be accepted when the property owner wishing to start construction is the registered owner of the property.
* If you are applying to build more than one structure, i.e., detached garage, auxiliary building, etc., each structure will require an application, an application fee and two sets of plans to be submitted.
* We now accept agents to sign on behalf of the property owner(s) upon receipt of Appendix B - Letter of Authorization (Note: Letters must have original signatures and be signed by all property owners listed on the title).
* An original, sealed site survey plan must be submitted with an application for all new dwellings, accessory buildings and additions. The survey plan will show the proposed structure, property boundaries, grades, elevation easements, and coveted and riparian areas. Without these necessary items, your application may otherwise be delayed.
* Engineer Schedules must be wet-seal documents. Schedules (LOAs) will be accepted electronically if sent by Notarius software digital seal. Appendix D and Engineered Field Reviews may also be sent electronically.
*You will require a Coordinating Registered Professional (CRP) when using more than two engineers. Your CRP must submit an original Schedule A and initial all other engineers' original Schedule B's and C-B's at the bottom right-hand corner.
* BCBC 2018 STEP CODE - The BCBC 2018 Step Code is currently not mandatory; however, we encourage energy modelling and blower testing as a green building initiative to reduce greenhouse gases for a better environment.
* For all commercial construction and cannabis production facilities, please get in touch with BC Hydro for power availability before submitting a building permit application.
NEW SLRD INFORMATION - Hazard risks must be reviewed as part of the building permit process. For more information, visit Natural Hazards Policy and Procedures No. 7.5 or Hazard Risks Overview.
- Civic Address Request Form
- Property Information Request Form
- Appendix B - Letter of Authorization
- Appendix C - Owner's Undertaking
- Appendix D - Confirmation of Professional Liability Insurance
- Mechanical Ventilation Checklist
- Plumbing Fixture Unit Count
- BCBC9.36 Energy Efficiency Checklist - 2016 Effective R-Value of Installed Insulation for All Buildings of Residential Occupancy
- Backflow Prevention Assembly Test Report
- 2018 BC Building Code Analysis Summary
- Appendix E - Confirmation of Required Documentation - Commercial/Institutional/Multi-Family/Industrial Projects
- A Guide to Building Permits - Why and when do I need a building permit?
- A Guide to Bed and Breakfast Use
- A Guide to Swimming Pool Permits
- What is a Building Scheme?
- Agency Contact List
- Civic Addressing
- Climatic and Seismic Data - REVISED MAY 2022
- Dike Maintenance Act
- Floodplain Management Policy
- Guidelines for Hazard Assessment
- Manufactured Homes
- Minimum Depth of Footings Below Grade for Frost Protection
- Notice on Title Information
- Outhouse Location and Construction Information
- Wastewater Information Area A & B
- Wastewater Information Area C & D
Issued Building Permit Information
2023, 2022 & 2021 Building Permits Issued in the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District
Stop Work Orders and Notice on Title for 2021, 2022 and 2023
- Building Bylaw 1611-2020
- Sprinkler Bylaw 879 (Furry Creek/Pemberton North/Wedge Woods Estates fire limit area)
- Bylaw 1032 - Howe Sound East Fire Protection Service Establishment Bylaw
- Amendment Bylaw 1145 - Howe Sound East Fire Protection Service Establishment Bylaw
- Bylaw 1110 - Fire Protection Services Throughout the SLRD
- Completion of Building Permits
- Completion of Expired Building Permits
- Construction Completed Without Building Permits
- Natural Hazards