NEW! The SLRD now accepts building permit applications and requests for building inspections online, through Cloudpermit.
Apply for Building Permit or Request a Building Inspection
Cloudpermit allows you to apply for and see the status of your permit application anywhere, at any time.
Applications can be started, saved and completed at a later date, and once submitted, you will receive email updates on the status of your application. Records of permit documents will be retained under your online profile for future reference.
Before applying for a building permit or building inspection, please read through Forms & Information.
Once registered and or logged in, you’ll be presented with a guide and checklist for submitting an application.
To apply for a building permit, you’ll need:
- Project name
- Project address
- Work type (farm, industrial, commercial, institutional or residential)
- Work target - type of build (example: demolition, pool, addition, new build, etc.)
- Contact information (property owners or authorized agents associated with the project)
- Required files associated with the project (site plans, structural drawings, construction drawings, etc.)
If you are unable to complete the electronic submission process, it is likely that documentation is missing or your application is not yet signed off. You can use the messaging function in Cloudpermit to contact the SLRD Building Department team, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not ready for Cloudpermit?
Applicants are encouraged to use Cloudpermit, however, paper forms are also available:
- Building Permit Application - For all construction, change of use, swimming pools, etc.
- Solid Fuel Burning Appliance Application
- Demolition Permit Application
- Permit Extension Application
- Permit Transfer Application
Additional support resources:
- View the online Cloudpermit Guide or watch the introductory video: