News & Notices
There are no news items posted for this service.
The SLRD Planning and Development Services Department acts in the public interest to prepare plans, bylaws and policies to guide land use and development in the short and long-term.
Principle functions of the Planning and Development Services Department are:
- to establish and progress regulations, policies and strategies that provide guidance to elected officials, developers, the public and other decision makers;
- to facilitate community engagement in the land use planning process;
- to serve the public by responding to a wide range of inquiries and applications related to the use and development of land;
- to administer and enforce bylaws relating to development, land use and property maintenance;
- to support collaboration on regional planning initiatives and growth management;
- to act as a resource to the SLRD Board on planning and development matters.