- Electoral Area D
Black Tusk Helicopters (BTH), which operates a commercial recreation tenure on Crown land in Electoral Area D, has submitted a rezoning application for an area of approx. 0.165 ha at Echo Lake. The applicant is proposing additional uses for the existing satellite camp that currently consists of a helipad and camping area. The application proposes:
- a cabin primarily for BTH’s commercial use though still available to the public for overnight stays and as an emergency shelter
- the cabin would have a maximum gross floor area (GFA) of ~150 m2 which would contain
- two bathrooms
- lower level with one bunkroom that sleeps 10 people with a small common area (~45 – 50 m2)
- upper level with kitchen, foyer, lounge, and deck (~100 – 105 m2)
- two camping pads as no formal campsites currently exist
- the cabin and decks are all outside the 30 m riparian assessment area (RAA)
The application has received permission to proceed to bylaw development from the SLRD Electoral Area Directors Committee at its April 5, 2017 meeting. The bylaw amendment was given first reading at the May 24, 2017 SLRD Board meeting. It was given second reading at the July 26, 2017 SLRD Board meeting. The public hearing was held on September 13, 2017. The minutes of the public hearing and the written submissions were presented to the SLRD Board at the October 25, 2017 meeting.
Second Public Hearing
A second public hearing will be held on February 19, 2017 at 7 pm in the Sea to Sky Hotel in Squamish.