- Electoral Area D
In March 2019 the SLRD received an application from Fine Peace Furry Creek Development Ltd. for a comprehensive zoning amendment of its lands at Furry Creek. The application involves the creation of a new Comprehensive Development (CD) zone that would accommodate up to 870 residential units, including a minimum of 120 units of non-market affordable housing, up to 120 resort hospitality units, 2,323m2 of commercial floor space, a private marina, new fire hall and community facilities on the Fine Peace Furry Creek Developments’ lands.
The SLRD Board adopted the Furry Creek Amendment Bylaws and the related Housing Agreement Bylaw at the January 25, 2023 SLRD Board meeting.
A Public Hearing was held on August 11, 2022.
Minutes from the Public Hearing, including all written submissions, will be available to the public as part of the September 28, 2022 SLRD Board meeting package.
- Furry Creek Neighbourhood Zoning and OCP Amendments (Adoption) and Housing Agreement Bylaw (Three Readings and Adoption) - January 25, 2023
- Furry Creek Neighbourhood Zoning and OCP Amendments - Third Reading - September 28, 2022 and Staff Presentation
- Furry Creek Neighbourhood Zoning and OCP Amendments - Second Reading - June 29, 2022 and Staff Presentation
- Furry Creek Neighbourhood Zoning and OCP Amendments - First Reading - July 28, 2021 and Staff Presentation
- SLRD Board Permission to Proceed Report - May 22, 2019
- Staff Request for Direction Report re Building Heights, Development Covenant Obligations and Village Commercial Area Relocation - Dec. 19, 2019
- Howe Sound East Community Amenities - Information Report - February 26, 2020
- Zoning and OCP Amendments Direction Request - Committee of the Whole- September 17, 2020 and Presentation
- Addendum Report to 2019 Comprehensive Zoning Application - May 2021
- Development Application - March 2019
- Context Map and Legal Descriptions
- 1:10,000 Geotechnical Hazard Study, Geotechnical Assessment and Natural Hazards Development Permit Areas
- Bio Inventory, Site Reviews and Environmentally Sensitive Development Permit Areas
- Fiscal Impacts Study
- Updated Fire Hall Plans, Functional Program and Renderings
- Fire Services Assessment (Howe Sound East)
- Proponent-Led Community Meetings Summary
- Updated Community Centre & Child Care Facility Plans with Park & Ride
- School Site and Geotechnical Memo
- Parks & Trails Phasing and Sections
- Active Transportation Network and Active Transportation Sections
- Village Centre Renderings/Design Requirements and Village Centre/Park & Ride Screening
- Transit Hub Site Plan, Transit Stops, and Private Shuttle Service
- Transportation Impact Assessment
- Regional Trail Network
- Master Drainage Plan, Wastewater Master Plan and Waterworks Master Plan
- Source Water Protection Plan: Furry Creek Community Water System