- Electoral Area A
The SLRD received a Temporary Use Permit (TUP) application from Fitzcreek Management Corp. dba Tyax Adventures proposing a commercial float plane tour operation, commercial mountain biking tour staging, commercial guide and outfitting uses for horse tours, caretaker unit, and accessory storage on a private parcel of land located at the northeastern end of Tyaughton Lake in Electoral Area A. The subject property is District Lot 4932, LLD, PID 013-392-093. The applicant proposes a number of temporary buildings and structures including:
- Floatplane dock
- Floating dock - 20 ft x 20 ft (400 ft2 / 37 m2)
- Ramp – 6 ft x 10 ft (60 ft2 / 5.6 ft2)
- Non-floating land platform – 20 ft x 30 ft (600 ft2 / 56 m2)
- Office building on skids – approx. 20 ft x 14 ft (280 ft2 / 26 m2)
- Recreational Vehicle (RV) for caretaker accommodation – 35 ft RV
- Sea-can for storage purposes – 20 ft x 8 ft
- Portable toilets x2
- Trailer for fire suppression purposes – 1,000 L water tank, pump with 3” discharge and 300 gallons (1,364 L)/min with 300 ft of hose
- Horse corral (oval) – approx. 50 ft x 200 ft (10,000 ft2 / 929 m2)
The Regional Board considered the Temporary Use Permit (TUP) No. 62 for the above noted property at its regular Board meeting on July 25, 2018 at 10:30 am at the Flute Room at the Resort Municipality of Whistler Municipal Hall, 4325 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, BC. The SLRD Board approved TUP No. 62 for a period of three years. There were several changes made to the proposed TUP 62 by the Board, please compare the TUP document in the July 25, 2018 staff report and the revised TUP 62 document linked below.
The following staff reports provide an update on the application.