The purpose of the Committee is to provide comments and recommendations to the SLRD Board on agricultural issues within Electoral Area B and the District of Lillooet that are referred to the Committee by the Board.
At the beginning of each year applications are accepted from persons interested in serving on the SLRD Electoral Area B Agricultural Advisory Committee (AAC). Applicants should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a land owner and/or permanent resident of Electoral Area B or Lillooet;
- Have an interest in preserving the viability of farming in Lillooet & surrounding area;
- Be from the farming and ranching community or involved with agricultural product processing and distribution;
- Possess a clear understanding and knowledge of topics affecting agricultural land;
- Be available to commit to roughly 4 meetings per year, for a one or two year term.
Please note that you do not need to be a farmer - anyone who has an interest or expertise in agriculture and related matters is welcome to apply.
- Joanne McNamee
- Lucy Jones
- Mandi Rogers
- Rolf de Bruin
- Sam Quinlan
- Scott Taylor
- Sue Senger
- Ministry of Agriculture Liaison: Jim Forbes
- Board Liaison: Mickey Macri and Marg Lampman
- Staff Liaison: Claire Daniels