The purpose of the Committee is to provide comments and recommendations to the SLRD Board on agricultural issues within Electoral Area B and the District of Lillooet that are referred to the Committee by the Board.
- Lucy Jones
- Mandi Rogers
- Rolf de Bruin
- Sam Quinlan
- Sue Senger
- Matthew Davidson
- Jacquie Rasmussen
- Stefan Zeidler
- Robert Meredith
- Ministry of Agriculture Liaison: Vacant
- Board Liaison: Electoral Area B Direction Vivian Birch-Jones
- Staff Liaison: Alix MacKay
Meeting are held on an as needed basis, with roughly 4 meetings a year. They are held in Lillooet and are open to the public.
At the beginning of each year applications are accepted from persons interested in serving on the SLRD Electoral Area B Agricultural Advisory Committee (AAC). Applicants should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a land owner and/or permanent resident of Electoral Area B or Lillooet;
- Have an interest in preserving the viability of farming in Lillooet and surrounding area;
- Be from the farming and ranching community or involved with agricultural product processing and distribution;
- Possess a clear understanding and knowledge of topics affecting agricultural land;
- Be available to commit to roughly 4 meetings per year, for a one or two year term.
Please note that you do not need to be a farmer - anyone who has an interest or expertise in agriculture and related matters is welcome to apply.