The purpose of the Committee is to provide comments and recommendations to the SLRD Board on agricultural issues within Electoral Area B and the District of Lillooet that are referred to the Committee by the Board.
- Jacquie Rasmussen, current AAC Chair
- Vivian Birch-Jones, Electoral Area B Director
- Mandi Rogers
- Stefan Zeidler
- Sue Senger
- Robert Meredith
- Sarah Petznick
- Bev Grossler
- Mischa Chandler Farivar
- Scott Taylor
- Will Shaw, Ministry of Agriculture Liaison (non-voting)
- Alison Fox, Ministry of Agriculture Liaison (non-voting)
- Claire Dewar, SLRD Staff Liason (non-voting)
Meetings are held on an as needed basis, with roughly four meetings a year, and are open to the public.
Area B AAC Memberships
At the beginning of each year applications are accepted from persons interested in serving on the SLRD Electoral Area B Agricultural Advisory Committee (AAC). Applicants should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Be a land owner and/or permanent resident of Electoral Area B or Lillooet;
- Have an interest in preserving the viability of farming in Lillooet and surrounding area;
- Be from the farming and ranching community or involved with agricultural product processing and distribution;
- Possess a clear understanding and knowledge of topics affecting agricultural land;
- Be available to commit to roughly 4 meetings day-time meetings per year, for a one or two year term.
Please note that you do not need to be a farmer - anyone who has an interest or expertise in agriculture and related matters is welcome to apply.