The purpose of the Committee is to provide comments and recommendations to the SLRD Board on agricultural issues within the Pemberton Valley and other parts of Electoral Area C that are referred to the Committee by the Board.
At the beginning of each year applications are accepted from persons interested in serving on the SLRD Electoral Area C Agricultural Advisory Committee (AAC). Applicants should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- be a land owner and/or permanent resident of Electoral Area C or Pemberton;
- have an interest in preserving the viability of farming in the Pemberton Valley & surrounding area;
- be from the farming and ranching community;
- possess a clear understanding and knowledge of topics affecting agricultural land;
- be available to commit to roughly 4 - 6 meetings per year, for a one or two year term.
Please note that you do not need to be a farmer - anyone who has an interest or expertise in agriculture and related matters is welcome to apply.
- Roxy Kuurne
- Simone McIsaac
- Geoff McLeod
- Doug Helmer
- Susie Gimse
- Randy Lincks
- David Tanner
- Niki Vankerk
- Jaye-Jay Berggren
- Chad Gilmore
- Sam Casavant
- Ministry of Agriculture Liaison: Kim Sutherland
- SLRD Board Liaison: Russell Mack
- Village of Pemberton Council Liaison: Jennie Helmer
- Staff Liaison: Ian Holl