The purpose of the Committee is to provide comments and recommendations to the SLRD Board on agricultural issues within the Pemberton Valley and other parts of Electoral Area C that are referred to the Committee by the Board.
- Carrie Charron
- Kevin Clark
- Randy Lincks
- Tara Ritchie
- Elliot Fromowitz
- Olivia Kester
- Russell Mack, Electoral Area C Director
- Conley Keyes, Ministry of Agriculture Liaison (non-voting)
- Alix MacKay, Staff Liaison (non-voting)
Meetings are held on an as needed basis, with roughly 4 meetings per year. They are held in Pemberton and are open to the public. At this time, meetings are being held electronically but remain open to public attendance.
At the beginning of each year applications are accepted from persons interested in serving on the SLRD Electoral Area C Agricultural Advisory Committee (AAC). Applicants should meet the following minimum qualifications:
- be a land owner and/or permanent resident of Electoral Area C or Pemberton;
- have an interest in preserving the viability of farming in the Pemberton Valley & surrounding area;
- be from the farming and ranching community;
- possess a clear understanding and knowledge of topics affecting agricultural land;
- be available to commit to roughly 4 - 6 meetings per year, for a one or two year term.
Please note that you do not need to be a farmer - anyone who has an interest or expertise in agriculture and related matters is welcome to apply. 2022 applications are now closed, but we welcome you to reach out with any questions throughout the year.