The Northern Economic Development and Initiatives (NEDI) Committee is a Standing Committee of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) Board, established to help foster balanced, equitable and sustainable economic development in the northern sub-region of the SLRD. The committee is composed of elected officials from Areas A and B of the SLRD and the District of Lillooet and is supported by staff from both organizations. Download the Committee Terms of Reference.
The Committee meets from time to time as often as the interests of the Regional District may require, on all matters referred to it or coming within its purview. Meetings are open to the public and generally held in the District of Lillooet Council Chambers, 615 Main Street, Lillooet BC. NEDI Committee meetings start at 9:00 AM (if virtually convened) or at 10:30 AM (if convened in person, or as a hybrid virtual/in-person meeting).
Due to the orders of the Public Health Officer in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and pursuant to Ministerial Orders M192 and M431, SLRD Board and Committee meetings will be held virtually, with livestreaming available, until further notice. Recordings of virtual Board and Commitee meetings are also available on demand.
- View the SLRD Board and Committee Meetings calendar
- Watch a meeting live or view a previous meeting on demand
More information about the specific work of the NEDI Committee can be found on the Community and Regional Economic Development page in the Current Projects section of the website.
- February 8, 2021 - Business Façade Improvement Grants Now Available in SLRD Electoral Areas A & B
- May 25, 2018 - District of Lillooet, P'egp'íg'lha Council (T'ít'q'et) and SLRD sign Protocol Agreement for Communication and Cooperation
- February 17, 2017 - Business Façade Improvement Grants Now Available in Areas A & B
- September 9, 2016 - Northern SLRD Community & Regional Economic Action Forum set for October 14
- February 5, 2016 - Northern St'át'imc, Lillooet and SLRD take steps toward stronger relationships
- January 15, 2016 - Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society Formed to Strengthen Agriculture Sector in Lillooet Area
- May 7, 2015 - NEDI Committee moves ahead with plans to form Regional Economic Development Partnership
- December 8, 2014 - SLRD releases Community Economic Development Projects report
- January 30, 2014 - Michael Shuman to speak in Lillooet February 27
- June 12, 2013 - SLRD forms Standing Committee to strengthen regional economic development in Areas A, B and the District of Lillooet
- November 16, 2012 - Public input sought in northern SLRD economic development strategy
Documents & Reports
- Economic Development Assessment, Strategy & Action Plan for the Northern SLRD (UPDATED 2019)
- Northern SLRD - Proposed Touring Routes: Market Assessment (2016)
- CREATE Forum Summary Report (2016)
- Fraser Basin Council - Community Economic Development Projects Report (2014)
- District of Lillooet and SLRD Electoral Area B Community Asset Inventory (2014)
- Upper Bridge River Valley Community Asset Inventory (2012)
- Economic Development Assessment, Strategy & Action Plan for the Northern SLRD (2012)
- SLRD Investment-Ready Regional Profile
Please visit the Reports Directory and select 'Economic Development' to find more related documents and reports.
NEDI Committee agendas and minutes
Links to all NEDI Committee agendas and minutes can be found on the Agendas & Minutes page. Select 'Recent Meetings' and choose 'Northern Economic Development & Initiatives Committee (NEDI) from the dropdown menu.
Partial funding to support NEDI's economic development activities is provided by the Northern Development Initiative Trust.