The Northern Economic Development and Initiatives (NEDI) Committee is a Standing Committee of the Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) Board, established to help foster balanced, equitable and sustainable economic development in the northern sub-region of the SLRD. The committee is composed of elected officials from Areas A and B of the SLRD and the District of Lillooet and is supported by staff from both organizations. Download the Committee Terms of Reference.
The Committee meets from time to time as often as the interests of the Regional District may require, on all matters referred to it or coming within its purview. Meetings are open to the public. Meetings are generally held in the District of Lillooet Council Chambers, 615 Main Street, Lillooet BC.
More information about the specific work of the NEDI Committee can be found on the Community and Regional Economic Development page in the Current Projects section of the website.
- February 17, 2017 - Business Façade Improvement Grants Now Available in Areas A & B
- September 9, 2016 - Northern SLRD Community & Regional Economic Action Forum set for October 14
- February 5, 2016 - Northern St'át'imc, Lillooet and SLRD take steps toward stronger relationships
- January 15, 2016 - Lillooet Agriculture and Food Society Formed to Strengthen Agriculture Sector in Lillooet Area
- May 7, 2015 - NEDI Committee moves ahead with plans to form Regional Economic Development Partnership
- December 8, 2014 - SLRD releases Community Economic Development Projects report
- January 30, 2014 - Michael Shuman to speak in Lillooet February 27
- June 12, 2013 - SLRD forms Standing Committee to strengthen regional economic development in Areas A, B and the District of Lillooet
- November 16, 2012 - Public input sought in northern SLRD economic development strategy
Documents & Reports
- Northern SLRD - Proposed Touring Routes: Market Assessment (2016)
- CREATE Forum Summary Report (2016)
- Fraser Basin Council - Community Economic Development Projects Report (2014)
- District of Lillooet and SLRD Electoral Area B Community Asset Inventory (2014)
- Upper Bridge River Valley Community Asset Inventory (2012)
- Economic Development Assessment, Strategy & Action Plan for the Northern SLRD (2012)
- SLRD Investment-Ready Regional Profile
Please visit the Reports Directory and select 'Economic Development' to find more related documents and reports.
NEDI Committee agendas and minutes
- 2016 agendas and minutes - Select 'Recent Meetings' and choose 'Northern Economic Development & Initiatives Committee from the dropdown menu
- 2015 agendas and minutes
- 2014 agendas and minutes
- 2013 agendas and minutes
Partial funding to support NEDI's economic development activities is provided by the Northern Development Initiative Trust.