There are many hazards present in the SLRD. Some of these hazards are serious enough to have been studied by researchers. Where hazard conditions exist, and where the SLRD has been advised to do so by experts, local hazard warnings are published.
Currently, there are six local hazard warnings in effect: one located in Electoral Area B, one located in Electoral Area D and four in Electoral Area C.
- Pemberton Valley Floodplain Hazard (Electoral Area C)
- Catiline Creek Debris Flow Hazard (Electoral Area C)
- Mount Currie Landslide Hazard (Electoral Area C)
- Mount Meager Landslide Hazard (Electoral Area C)
- Seton Portage Hydrogeomorphic Hazards (Electoral Area B)
- Upper Squamish Flood Hazard (Electoral Area D)