In the event of an emergency or disaster, the SLRD Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) will be activated to help coordinate the emergency response. In the SLRD, the EOC will be located at the SLRD Office (1350 Aster Street in Pemberton). The secondary location will be the Pemberton Community Centre (7390 Cottonwood Road).
The Emergency Operations Centre will be staffed by key municipal personnel and other agencies involved in the response. EOC activities can include:
- Coordinating resource requests from the site(s), establishing priorities and resolving any conflicting demands for support;
- Managing non-site activities;
- Coordinating and liaising with federal, provincial and other local governments as well as other agencies involved in the response;
- Preparing and disseminating emergency public information to inform, alert and warn the public;
- Preparing official news releases and scheduling news conferences;
- Analysing and evaluating data and maintaining maps, display boards and other data required for emergency operations;
- Disseminating damage information and other essential data;
- Planning for the continuance of government.
The level of Emergency Operations Centre staffing varies with the specific emergency situation.