The SLRD, through Electoral Area Select funds and other sources, awards grant funding to community non-profit organizations operating within the SLRD. Grants are awarded to projects, programs, activities and events throughout the region that represent an appropriate use of tax dollars and enhance the well-being of our residents and communities.
More information about the use of Electoral Area Select Funds can be found in the SLRD Select Funds Delegation of Authority Bylaw No. 1274-2013.
How to Apply
Applications for Grants-in-Aid are received throughout the year. Proposals can be submitted to the SLRD by mail (PO Box 219, Pemberton, BC V0N 2L0), email or fax (604-894-6526). Alternatively, proposals can be submitted directly to the Electoral Area Director for the region from which the application originates.
- Clearly indicate the amount and type of assistance requested;
- Describe the project or purpose for which the funding would be used;
- Provide the name(s) of the person(s) who will be responsible for completing the project;
- Describe how the community organization benefits the community generally, and how the assistance being requested from the SLRD would benefit the community specifically; and
- Provide financial information sufficient to identify and and all other funding sources and to justify the need for financial assistance.
Pemberton and District Community Fund (Pemberton & Area C)
The Pemberton Valley Utilities and Services Committee (PVUS) annually distributes funds to assist local, not for profit organizations and / or activities offering recreation and culture programs, special events, projects or initiatives which benefit residents of the Village of Pemberton and District Area C. Click here for more information.