The Pemberton Valley Utilities and Services Committee (PVUS) annually distributes funds to support community recreation, social and cultural activities throughout Pemberton and SLRD Electoral Area C. All organizations who receive this funding are not for profit organizations, community groups, entities or societies based within the regional area of Pemberton that are considered by PVUS to be contributing to the general interest and benefit of its residents. Applications from commercial / for profit ventures will not be considered.
Objective: To provide funds to assist local, not for profit organizations and / or activities offering recreation and culture programs, special events, projects or initiatives which benefit residents of the Village of Pemberton and District (SLRD Area C).
Notes for applicants requesting grants equal to or in excess of $500:
- The applicant must attend the PVUS meeting at which the request is being considered.
- The applicant must explain how the grant will be used to leverage and create additional financial value (i.e. funding from other governments, funding from other sources, corporate sponsorships, matching funds of the applicant, in-kind contributions from sources other than the applicant, etc.)
- The applicant must agree to provide PVUS with a final report within 90 days of completion of the activity / event / program. The report is to include:
- An outline of the impact the grant had on the organization and community;
- A financial summary of the activity / event / program, specifically, how the grant funding and other funds were used compared to the proposed budget submitted with the application.
How to Apply?
Applicants are encouraged to complete the online application form linked above. However, applicants can also download the application form, complete it, and submit it by mail, email or in-person to:
Pemberton & District Community Centre
7390 Cottonwood Street
PO Box 104
Pemberton, BC V0N 2L0