NEW: Application Intake for 2021 Funding is Now Open
Applications for the 2021 PDIF will be accepted until October 15, 2020.
Please note that applications and supporting documents must be submitted by this deadline, in order to be considered.
Access the online application form here.
For more information, contact:
Senior Project Coordinator
Telephone: 604-894-6371 ext. 229
The Pemberton Valley Utilities and Services Committee (PVUS), a Squamish-Lillooet Regional District (SLRD) committee comprised of elected and appointed officials of the SLRD and the Village of Pemberton (Village), administers the Pemberton and District Initiative Fund (PDIF). The PDIF was established in 2020 and replaces funding disbursements and grants formerly offered through the SLRD’s Pemberton and District Community Fund (PDCF), jointly funded by SLRD Electoral Area C and the Village, and the Village’s Community Initiative and Opportunities Fund (CIOF). Additionally, the PDIF has been established to fulfill and replace many of the funding disbursements that have previously been made through SLRD Electoral Area C select funds.
The PVUS Committee annually disburses PDIF funds to support both community recreation, social and cultural activities and community economic development activities throughout Pemberton and SLRD Electoral Area C. All organizations who receive this funding must be not-for-profit organizations, community groups, entities or societies based within the Pemberton and District regional area (i.e. residents of the Village and SLRD Electoral Area C) that are considered by PVUS to be contributing to the general interest, benefit and well-being of its residents. Applications from commercial / for profit ventures will not be considered.
Objective: To provide funds to assist local, not-for-profit organizations and / or activities offering either arts, recreation and culture, or economic development programs, projects, initiatives or special events which benefit residents of the Village and District (SLRD Electoral Area C).
Notes for applicants requesting grants equal to or in excess of $1,500:
The PDIF involves the following three types of funding streams:
- Long-term Agreement Funding (funded organizations enter into long term funding agreements, up to 5-years in length, with consistent annual funding amounts);
- Seed Funding (funded organizations enter into shorter-term funding agreements, and annual funding is reduced each year to encourage financial sustainability. Preference will be given to seed funding applications);
- One-time Funding (funded organizations receive a one-time funding disbursement).
Applicants should carefully read Grant Policy No. 16 to understand which funding stream will be best suited to their application.
The applicant must attend the PVUS meeting at which the request is being considered.
The applicant must explain how the grant will be used to leverage and create additional financial value (i.e. funding from other governments, funding from other sources, corporate sponsorships, matching funds of the applicant, in-kind contributions from sources other than the applicant, etc.)
The applicant agrees to provide the SLRD / PVUS with a final report within 90 days of completion of the activity/ event / program. The report is to be completed on the PDIF Reporting Form and include:
- An outline of the impact the grant had on the organization and community, including the primary accomplishments of the project/event; and,
- A financial summary of the activity / event / program; specifically, how the grant funding and other funds were used compared to the proposed budget submitted with the application.
How to Apply?
Applicants are encouraged to complete the online application form linked above. However, applicants can also download the application form, complete it, and submit it by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: PO Box 219, Pemberton, BC V0N 2L0
- Fax: 604-894-6526
- In-person: 1350 Aster Street, Pemberton, BC